Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Are you in the Los Angeles area and want to see Juvies?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Super Genius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: Are you in the Los Angeles area and want to see Juvies? Reply with quote

You are cordially invited to

THE LOS ANGELES GALA SCREENING OF JUVIES
Tuesday, March 16th, 2004 at 7:00 p.m.
The Aratani/Japan America Theatre
244 South San Pedro Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012

The evening's program will include -
* Special musical guest appearance
* Introduction by Executive Producer Mark Wahlberg
* Screening of "Juvies" - 66 minutes
* Panel discussion with Director Leslie Neale and Special Guests
followed by reception

Tickets are at $10.00 per person; all proceeds donated to the Juvies School Fund.
Please call theatre box office at 213.680.3700 for purchase of tickets.
For more information, please visit www.juvies.net

Our Sponsors:
N O T J U S T U S F O U N D A T I O N
C O M M U N I T Y S E L F - D E T E R M I N A T I O N I N S T I T U T E
T H E V A L L E Y & Y O U T H J U S T I C E C O A L I T I O N
L I B E R T Y H I L L F O U N D A T I O N
Photo exhibit sponsored by G E R A G O S & G E R A G O S
vevie
The RobertWahlberg.com Webmastah!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I whish I could live a little bit closer...
Thank Mark for the update!!!

Kaz, have you received the movie yet?
LYNNE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone go?
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They updated the Juvies site with a bunch of LA screenings (and 1 in NC and NYC). Give y'all a bit of lead time. Stuff in brackets are my own updates to the info provided.

No word if Mark will be at any of them, but still it sounds like a really interesting documentary in light of all the hearings about the kids getting beaten up and locked in cages in the California juvenile detention centers.

USC LAW SCHOOL, APRIL 7, 2004

Human Rights Watch, the Social Work Student organization, the Street Law Program and Amnesty International proudly present a special screening of "Juvies". Guest speakers: Associate Producer Traci Odom and Juvenile Justice Advocate Javier Stauring will participate in a Q&A following the film. For further information, please RSVP to juviesatusc@hotmail.com or call 310-477-4450.

BRAVE NEW VOICES, 7TH ANNUAL NATIONAL YOUTH POETRY SLAM FESTIVAL, APRIL 14-18, 2004

"Juvies" will screen at this fabulous event in Los Angeles, California. Go to www.bravenewvoices.org or www.youthspeaks.org for further information.

“JUVIES” TO SCREEN AT RIVERRUN FILM FESTIVAL, APRIL 22-25, 2004
[http://riverrunfilm.com/details.asp?ID=63
Friday April 23, 2004 10AM Main Theater]

"Juvies" will be screening at the RiverRun Film Festival in Winston-Salem, NC during the week of April 22 - 25, 2004. As soon as we get further information, we will update the site. In the meantime, take a look at all they have to offer at www.riverrunfilm.com.

“JUVIES” PLAYING AT ARTIVIST FILM FESTIVAL, APRIL 22-28, 2004

We are also honored to have been accepted into the Artivist Film Festival, which begins on April 22 in Los Angeles. We are currently scheduled to screen on Sunday, April 25th at 9:00 p.m. For more information, go to their website at www.artivistfilmfestival.org.

CALIFORNIA STUDIES CONFERENCE, LOYOLA MARYMOUNT UNIVERSITY, UNUIVERSITY HALL, LOS ANGELES, APRIL 21-23, 2004

The 2004 CSA Program will explore the numerous implications of shelter. An essential requirement for all people - and other life forms - shelter signifies not only a "roof over your head," but also connotes safe haven from such physical dangers as violence, war, and weather. Additional meanings of shelter, such as spiritual refuge; the significance of place, home, and identity; and the psychology of extreme shelter, such as solitary retreat, hermitage and imprisonment, might also be investigated.

"Juvies" will screen as part of this Conference on Friday, April 23rd at 10:30 a.m. For more information, contact deloresd@berkeley.edu, or call 510-642-3903.

BEVERLY HILLS FILM FESTIVAL, MAY 6-9, 2004

"Juvies" is an official selection for the 2004 Beverly Hills Film Festival. Please keep an eye out here for further information, or go to their website at www.beverlyhillsfilmfestival.com for further information.

SANTA BARBARA COALITION AGAINST GUN VIOLENCE, MAY 16, 2004

Santa Barbara Coalition Against Gun Violence will be conducting a screening of "Juvies" in an effort to raise awareness of how gun violence and easy access to guns are putting our most precious resources at risk.

For more details, go to their website at: www.sbccoalition.org or call 805-564-6803.

HUMAN RIGHTS WATCH INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL, NEW YORK, JUNE 10-24, 2004

"Juvies" is also an official selection of the 2004 HRWIFF. We will update this site as soon as we have more information. You can also go to their website at www.hrw.org.

[http://hrw.org/iff/2004/
May 14, 2004 - Schedule to be online]
vevie
The RobertWahlberg.com Webmastah!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my DVD and It is a really good documentary.... I really do recommand it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Juvies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: