Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Did ne one understand the ending???
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Planet of the Apes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrayZ4Mark32

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2001 11:46 pm    Post subject: Did ne one understand the ending??? Reply with quote

LIsten i loved the movie but i wasnt really concentrating on it if u know wut i mean i saw it 4 times and still couldnt understand the ending if ne one could help me out PLEASE DO!!! im totally lost!~ERIKA
paranoid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2001 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go hire the originals.
smiles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2001 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as I understand about the ending is that Mark (whatever his character name is, leo or something) changes the future or something. I'm new to this place, so I don't know if someone else gave an explanation of the ending, but that's what I've gathered from it when I saw it for the first time this past Friday. WARNING: for those who haven't seen the movie yet, don't read on cause I'm gonna talk about it. You know when Attar was talking about Humans and apes living in harmony? well, mark caused that to happen, so he kind of changed the future, but I guess the only bit of evidence to condradict my conclussion would be that when he came back through the energy field, it read that he was traveling back to his own time period. *shrugs* I don't know, that's the best answer I can come up with. wow, sorry to have babbled on so long, lol.
CrayZ4Mark32

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank u for that! i kinda understand......okay i dont, but its probly really hard to explain. but if ne one could do it like in laimens terms! i would so appreciate it but x-plain it ne way u like as long as it makes sense to u, hey maybe i'll get it lol
Kathleen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liane posted 2 posts in this forum about the end ...1 was the pres of Fox saying you werent suppsed to be able to figure it out and 1 from Tim Burton pretty much saying the same thing.

Makes me wonder how they'll pass that off IF they proceed with a sequel. They have to make it make sense or the sequel will start with us shaking our heads going "what????"
Kathleen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to confuse it more...Smiles that explanation doesnt jive with the timelines. He started in 2025..went thru time to 2400 (all yrs approx cuz I cant remember exact yrs) landed in "apeworld" When he left the meter was running backwards from 2400 towards 2100 (final yr not shown) But he was going back towards the yr in which he started but landed in "apeworld" more civilzed than it was 300 yrs before he got there the first time?? with man and ape living in harmony.?

The statue was of Thade..the Miserable..who got locked behind the glass.
How'd he get to be immortalized in Stone 300 yrs before his own existence.

Like I said..just adding to the confusion
CrayZ4Mark32

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okeedokey well im glad that i get to think about something else and not that i ttally didnt understand the ending cuz u r totally right about that! how can he have a statue, u did add to the confusion but u made a whole new point if ne one can answer that ? and the ending thats plauging all of us polease do
CrayZ4Mark32

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay and im lovin the idea of a sequal if they have a sequal that explains the ending or begining.....aw crap im confused again, btu another 2 hours ofmark cant go wrong! he better play him again though....that would suk if he didnt
V

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark said in an interview that he'd only do the sequel if Mr. Burton's involved with the project.
smiles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I would totally love to see a sequel that would explain our many answers. Mark did a really good job in it and it would be a shame if someone else played his part. Kathleen, I agree with you too. Like I said before, the only part that contradicted my reasoning was the fact that the yr meter thingy showed him going back to the so-called "present" time. It was just a theory like many others out there. Oh well. I'm not gonna let it bug me too much cause then that just ruins the fun of the movie for me. Man, i totally didn't recognize that it was the same Mark Wahlberg that played in "the perfect storm." Woo, did he do a full 360 or what on looks!

laterz

smiles = )
CrayZ4Mark32

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dunno i thought he was hot in the perfect storm too! more so cute i should say. yeah i saw him on access hollywood and he did say he'd do a sequal as long as tim burton was involved, but tim was the one who confused us so much w/this one so he ahs to explain it right??? thats my theory, and the ending im gonna let go cuz if its explained in a sequal u know my guess will be totally off, u know maybe its actual humans playing a trick on him in masks.......right i dunno too many theorys so little time
Kathleen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Crazy..yours makes the most sense. Humans playing a trick on him!!

Did anyone see Frequency??

Another thought is the "parallel" time dimensions like in Frequency.

I'm not enough of a sci-fi wiz to really explain it but it would kinda be that Mark (Leo) travelled thru a different timewarp coming home than he did chasing after his monkey thus ending up in a different "future" than the one he just left.

I figure Tim Burton is gonna have to read all the different theories if he does a sequel..might be the only way he puts any sense into it.

I figure you culd see this movie a 100 times and still go What???
AngelicButterfly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now i totally understand the ending cuz at first i didn't but now i do!!! thanx~
but i luv the movie and i luv Mark Wahlberg!!
i can't wait to see his new movies he's coming out with.
luv ya~
~Angelique~
applepie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you remember Back to the Future? Well I think it works the same way in this case: THADE manages to get out of his prison, fishes LEO's 'pod' out of the water and repairs it, then flies away into the electric storm and lands on EARTH years before LEO's return. Thus changing the course of history and LEO's 'present'. The problem is... how does he take over the earth with an army of 'uncivilized' monkeys?...

Minor detail that doesn't seem to bother Tim Burton at all...
CrayZ4Mark32

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would make sense but i thought they were afraid of water or something, thanx kathleen for ur support w/my theory about them just being people in masks but i have another one......

okay when he gets back there all really people he just went totally insane and is now so paranoid that everyone whos really a human he sees as an ape, so the 2nd one is about him imagining everyones an ape including family and friends and the doctors who try to help him! sound good??? lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Planet of the Apes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: