Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
question about pota.. dont read if you havent seen the movie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Planet of the Apes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkWahlbergsNumberOneFan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2001 7:26 pm    Post subject: question about pota.. dont read if you havent seen the movie Reply with quote

ok.. u know calima? i get that it was the ship and everything. but ari said that the ruins had been there for years and years. i dont get that part, did mark travel through time or somthing? did i miss somthing.. oh boy..
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2001 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you remember the first time he went thru the electrical storm, the clock on board his pod goes forward to like year 3000 or something like that. It's a bit confusing if you really think about it, but suffice to say Leo went thru a time warp and jumped a few years to find decendents of the chimps on board Oberon.

Lianne
Lexy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get that part either. Does that mean Mark (leo w/e) had come there twice? If the ship had been there forever, and they crashed trying to find him that means he had already been there or something. ???? I just didn't understand it.
birdman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No what happened was, Leo (Mark) travelled through the storm to find his monkey and then he traveled through time to a year close to 2500. The reason why his ship was there and had been there was because it had tried to find Leo through the storm and ended up crashing (without going through time) This means it crashed in their time period and not in the apes time period. So while in the apes timeperiod, Leo found the ruins of his ship.
depgirl247

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Oberon went through time after them and crashed onto Earth after it was already destroyed by humans. The story about the monkeys taking over is true and Leo traveled back into time, but it was too late. He had already interfered with time. Thus, he lands on Earth run by apes.
Skylar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depgirl IT'S NOT EARTH! I don't mean to yell at you but the planet leo(mark) crashed on isn't earth. Everyone thinks it is but that is cleared up in another post on this board.

Luv Me

[This message has been edited by Skylar (edited July 29, 2001).]
mrksdahotness

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arg what happened was that the ape that started the revolution(I forgot its name), the one the apes thought was going to return, made all the other chimps on the oberon "go crazy" and turn against the people on the oberon, and then it crashed because the apes took over..... THEN that ape started the revolution on earth=) I figured that out=)
Marksbaby

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember that throughout the whole movie, they were always on Earth. When Captain Leo(Mark Wahlberg) went through the electrical storm to save the monkey, it was the year 2029. He crash landed on Earth sometime between 2100 and 3000. At the end of the movie when he and the apes found the ship "Oberon" which they called "Calima" it had been there for thousands of years. This is because, when he went through the electrical storm in 2029, the ship followed him so they could try to save him. The only thing is they didn't get to Earth the same time he did. They crashed on Earth in 2029. So, when Leo and the apes found the ship, it had been there for thousands of years. The ship crashed in 2029, and he and the apes were sometime between 2100 and 3000. K, I hope this helps. I know it's very confusing, but just read this over carefully, and you'll get it If there are any more questions, my sn and e-mail is MissAmerica20015@aol.com
*~Amanda~*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Planet of the Apes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: