Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
My review of Truth about Charlie...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> The Truth About Charlie
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SheilaB

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 3:41 am    Post subject: My review of Truth about Charlie... Reply with quote

FANTASTIC! Keeps you in suspense from the first scene to the last. Mark speaks French in the movie and i thought to myself "boy, i'd love to be the words rolling off his tongue!" This is a movie that will definately be added to my video collection when it comes out and i urge EVERYONE to go out and see this movie, you won't want to miss a minute so make sure your bladders are empty!

Sheila
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Total agreement, I saw it last night! It's great fun to watch and even as someone who watches Charade every year, it still surprises you.

Thandie is certainly the star of the film - sorry Mark - a bit naive of a character but she really does well as Reggie. Mark did a good job, the hats didn't do much for me but they look better on film than the stills. His French was pretty good for someone who had a quick crash course in it. It's nice tho as I took French in high school - so the subtitles weren't too important. His character is interesting, maybe slightly underwritten or perhaps just too mysterious so you can't really know him.

It certainly has a look, very POV (point of View)-y and lots of funny bits. Not to mention the many homages to Independent/French film.

Sheila is right, don't even risk a trip to the bathroom or coming in just before it starts as in the beginning of the film especially are actual pictures of Mark and his family and then there's the plot twists which require rapt attention.

This is a movie that will require you to watch more than once as I doubt many of us are French cinema majors and the brisk pace may cause you to miss a clue or some tribute even without the bathroom breaks.

Oh one more thing stay for the end credits for the conclusion of the characters fates (very funny bits).

[This message has been edited by Lianne (edited October 26, 2002).]
Baby Junior

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Lianne I'm suppose to be seeing it tomorow but it's barely playing anywhere. Everyone's playing *******,GhostShip releases

[This message has been edited by Baby Junior (edited October 26, 2002).]
SheilaB

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just might have to go and watch it again when i have the money. I had a dream about that movie last night, I just kept seeing the movie in my head. Thandie did a great job in my opinion. Although I did keep asking myself if her character really knew the "The Truth About Charlie" i was suspicious of her throughout the movie and i just have to see it again! I've never seen a movie twice when it's in the theatres so this says something. I agree with Lianne, the hats don't do Mark any justice at all, he's definately not a hat guy, they just don't look right on him.

Sheila
Baby Junior

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it! it was pretty good! Thandie did a good job!
Elisa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed it very much. I thought the storyline was good and it really gave a feel of what a romantic City Paris is (which it is). Baguette, fromage and Merlot everwhere and Mr Aznavore to top everything off. I have never seen Charade (can you believe it) although it is on A&E for the umpteenth time today. Thandie did steal the show but our guy is as charming as ever. A big thumbs up. Tango anyone?....

------------------
elisabet

[This message has been edited by Elisa (edited October 27, 2002).]
stephanie08

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved it, the ending was so funny.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> The Truth About Charlie All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: