Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
The druggie....or the dog....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Basketball Diaries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SusieQ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2000 12:45 pm    Post subject: The druggie....or the dog.... Reply with quote

I really enjoyed this movie and even more because he was in it. But i think he had a ****ty part. He played a rebel and a druggie..which he played very well but i think he should have scored main part in this movie. Marky Mark will always be at the top of my list!!
Jasmin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2000 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knowing Mark's wild past-all the drug dealings and life in the streets of Boston, he would have been perfect for the lead. Right on, girl!
SusieQ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2000 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FINALLY!!
Its difficult to recieve a reply in the non-genreal disscusion. But, he sure was great in the movie, just getting his career on the road, and he did a mighty fine job.
Thanx for posting!!
Annie M

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2000 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wah! I got my copy of B-ball Diaries, and it was defective!! Grrr! Anyway, I called the vid club and they apologized, and said they will immediately ship out a new one for me, and I can return the defect. one. I was glad of that, but it means I have to wait some more!! I suppose I could go rent it, but...oh well, it will be worth the wait!! Actually, this does not happen very often. I think this is only the 3rd time in 10 years I have had to return anything to them. But it WOULD have to be a Mark movie!! sob!

------------------
Annie M
skyvam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2000 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, and no offense, but this is driving me crazy!! There is no such word as UNcredible!!! It's INcredible. I know it is being picky, but i couldn't stand it anymore, because I have seen other people do it, too. Sue me; it's the English major in me coming out!! Hope you aren't mad.

------------------
annie
Clare

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2000 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not put off at all that Mark Wahlberg's part in this movie was small. Actually I don't think it was small in the sense that it was insignificant or lesser compared to say, Leonardo DeCaprio's. I bet Mark jumped at the chance to play this character. It is a great part and an intregal part of the movie. Sometimes those so-called "small" parts are the most interesting. In a way I kind of hate to see Mark become a big "leading man" actor because I'm afraid he will become just another typical Hollywood actor in typical leading man roles. Not that that's bad but I would love to see him venture into some independant films where he can really show some quirky stuff..(actually "Boogie Nights" and "The Big Hit" fall into this category). I think he would be great in a comedic role as we have already seen his sense of humor shine through in some of his characters. What do you all think? Can Mark make us laugh?
Annie M

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2000 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the B-ball Diaries, there is a tiny bit near the beginning of the film, which cracked me up. The boys are ditching school to go play basketball, and on their way outside, Mark's character does an Irish accent impression of the Father who was paddling Jim Carroll (Leo). It cracked me up, and surprised me too, that Mark could even do that! But given his Irish-German background, perhaps he just "picked it up".

In Rennaisance Man, when he is singing in the shower, and that other guy just gives him this look, like OMG, you sound awful...
Mark's responding expression just kills me!!

The Big Hit, is full of laughs, especially when he is out fighting the dog for the garbage bags! Talk about a black comedy!

And, in "Three Kings", the way he is always going on about that certain make of car...!
And also how he is always trying to give Conrad a clue...

"The corruptor" was more subtle in places, but when he suddenly spoke Cantonese and surprised the other officers, I laughed.

I know some people think Boogie Nights was funny, and though I found some parts very amusing, I saw it mostly as very sad, but still interesting.

And, even though this is not a movie perse, there were some funny bits in the Music for the People vhs. One was when Mark was telling the camera that he was still a virgin, when I already knew he lost it at age 16!! He loves to pull the wool, that man does!
Also, some of his remarks in the workout tape are a hoot. He is such a shameless flirt, but it makes me !

------------------
Annie M

[This message has been edited by Annie M (edited 29 March 2000).]
Clare

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2000 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Annie...thanks for all the references to Mark's funny side. Makes me wanna go back and watch them again! Can't wait to hear what you think about the deleted scenes in "Boogie Nights".
Annie M

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2000 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I ever get them I'll let ya know. I still have to send the guy another blank tape to get them redone.

------------------
Annie M
Soul Searcher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2000 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i ve just seen b ball diaries again (saew it about a yr ago ) and man he looks so hot even when hes totally stoned. i loved his part in this. he should have totally had a bigger part though. all the guyz at my skool cant understand my fascination with mark (theyre not gay) but they r all like HE IS SO UGLY, hello?? ur jealous mate. c'mon mark is way hotter than ANY of u guyz easily, n e way
take care

------------------
B happy, Take Care
Annie M

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2000 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, what do THEY know?! They're just boys!!
But Mark is DA MAN!!

------------------
Annie M
CandiGirl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2000 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which character was he? I saw that movie so long ago I can barely remember the plot!
*TiGerLiLy*

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2000 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He played Mickey, the one who got his arm broken and who was with Leo Dicaprio the longest. I think he ended up getting arrested and going to jail in the end. I can't remember what for tho ~ i haven't seen the movie in a while myself!

Kim
CandiGirl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2000 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kim! I totally remember now. I'll have to watch that movie again because I don't remember a thing really. Just the part now that you said about the broken arm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Basketball Diaries All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: