Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
yards info ...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
*TiGerLiLy*

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2000 5:11 pm    Post subject: yards info ... Reply with quote

i dont know i guess i'm really bored. but i found a whole bunch of links to info on the yards. they all dont have that much, only a summary of the movie mostly. im really interested in this movie, but i cant find that much on it! which really annoys me. and its coming out september 8th right? shouldnt we be seeing trailers for it yet? i've only seen about 1 min worth of the movie in a little snippet on ET one night. it left me itching for more! the cast is great! i love joaquin phoenix and charlize theron, and of course mark they're all great actors. (joaquin aint to bad on the eyes either)
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0138946 http://www.ravecentral.com/yards.html http://upcomingmovies.com/yards.html http://miramax.com/mm_front/owa/mp.entryPoint?action=0&midStr=1337

also, i have a question. if it comes out in limited release September 8th ... then when will it come out city wide? isnt it something like 3 weeks later? making it the 29th?

<3 Kim

*TiGerLiLy*

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2000 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i found this at a joaquin phoenix website. i thought it was really funny!

SKIP: I like the fight between you and Mark Wahlberg. You take it very wildly.

JOAQUIN PHOENIX: I'm happy that you see it so too. We didn't want a nice Hollywood-boxingmatch, but a mercyless streetbattle. We sent the stunt- choreographer home immediately, he should stay out of the business and let us make. The fight should be brutal, realistic and passionate, that was important for the emotional level of the movie. We didn't give each other anything. James thought, that it was very brave of us, but in reality I was the only one who prooved to be brave- I mean have you seen the muscles of Mark Wahlberg once? The guy fights like a wrestler.

SKIP: When the whole thing couldn't be destinguished from a real fight, there must have been a real winner too.

JOAQUIN PHOENIX: Mark won, but only because he cheated me. We spoke about some of the hits before, but he didn't go after the concept. He knew exactly what came towards him and so he ducked every time when I should hit him. But it doesn't matter, it even then was tough enough in this way. On the next day we were black and blue on the whole body and could hardly move. James had to shoot all scenes later again, because on this day we couldn't do any other than wag through the picture half- paralyzed.

MaRkYmArKLoVeRDA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2000 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i read it cam out sept 8 but if it comes out three weeks later on the 29th that would be a day b4 my b day !!!!

------------------
Loving Mark Always,
***MaRk LuVa 4 EvA***
*TiGerLiLy*

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2000 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the sept. 8th release is only for LA and NY.
but hey u have the same b-day as one of my best friends, tara! cool.... how old will u be btw?
Annie M

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2000 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read last night in a fairly recent interview, where Mark W. said that THE YARDS is due to release around Christmas time.

------------------
Annie M
*TiGerLiLy*

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2000 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh noooo! i dont want to have to wait THAT long! man that just depressed me! hmph
annie do u have a link to the interview u read? just curious.
but i guess its kinda better since it will be closer to oscar time and hopefully the movie will be fresh in critics minds and get some nominations!
Cathy Y

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2000 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Upcoming Movies website still has the opening date of September 8 in New York and LA. It's possible that Mark was mistaken in his interview, you know. (Yes, Annie -- even Mark CAN be wrong! ) I for one sure hope that we don't have to wait until Xmas.

[This message has been edited by Cathy Y (edited 15 July 2000).]
*TiGerLiLy*

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2000 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

annie- i read an interview at www.bigstar.com where Mark said it was coming out around christmas time. but the interview was done around september last year, when he was promoting three kings. so maybe the interview u read was from that time too.
anyway, i still really hope its coming out in september. it says on this site it is. and most of the joaquin phoenix sites i've been to say september too. i cant wait!
Cathy Y

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2000 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TigerLily, if he said it in September '99 then he meant that it would be out around Xmas '99. That's when it was originally scheduled for release, but then the director apparently wanted to do more editing. The release date was moved to April 2000, then to June, and finally to September. I think the September 8 date is definite.
Yulinka

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2000 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope so because I really want to see this film allready. And I think a Mark film every 2-3 months is just fine.lol
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2000 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to post bad news, but The Yards is being pushed back AGAIN to October! I hope it opens large or I'm so screwed. My school is in the middle of nowhere! I read this in upcomingmovies.com, which is pretty accurate.

Lianne
*TiGerLiLy*

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2000 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard the same thing lianne
at hollywood.com it says it will be out october 20 in select cities! how unfair!!! grrrrrr i'm so PO'd
i want to know how to make an angry face on this board! cuz it needs one! lol
Destiny

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2000 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well pooh. I was having a good day.
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2000 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Magazines are starting up their fall preview issues, and EW (Aug 18/25 issue) has a nice picture from the Yards on pg 60 (it's also at their website). EW's take on the movie: Good-the cast esp. MW & JP, not so good-the bad reception at Cannes Both EW & Premiere (no pic and very small paragraph) have it set for Oct. 20, so it's official for now. Hopefully they won't change the date again.

Lianne
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2000 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who just can't wait, 'The Yards' is premiering at two Film Festivals, The Boston Film Festival Sept. 8-17 & the Toronto Film Festival Sept. 7-16.

Ticket Info for the Toronto film Festival at http://www.e.bell.ca/filmfest/2000/index.asp and the Boston Film Festival at http://www.bostonfilmfestival.org/

Lianne

[This message has been edited by Lianne (edited 23 August 2000).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> The Yards All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: