Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
boat they used for the Perfect Storm!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Perfect Storm
View previous topic :: View next topic  
*TiGerLiLy*

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2000 8:17 pm    Post subject: boat they used for the Perfect Storm! Reply with quote

Hey everyone!! well I was just talking to my dad (a fisherman) about the perfect storm and how it's going to be a movie now and he just told me that the boat they used in the perfect storm is my dad's friend's boat!! He said they borrowed it from him for like $3,000 bucks a day and each of the crew memebers got like $1,000 for doing absoluetly nuttin! (why couldnt it have been my dad's boat they used???? lol) but now I think I'm gonna ask my dad to take me and get a look at the boat! ahhh! could you imagine~walkin around on the same boat mark walked on??? ahhh! hehe

------------------
~*Bye for now!*~

<3 Kim

Annie M

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2000 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...I thought I had read that they borrowed Linda (I thought it was Kate but it's Linda) Greenlaw's boat for the film. I must have misunderstood that. Anyway...It would be too cool if he had like dropped a little something on the boat by accident, and then you found it after all this time...
Or what if he carved his initials somewhere?
I wouldn't put that past him!

------------------
Annie M
*TiGerLiLy*

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2000 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmmm... I'll have to talk to me dad more about this..he could be thinking of a different movie maybe. If I find out anything I'll post and let ya know...If it helps I remember him saying the boat came from Barnaget, NJ~~but anyway ur right! I think I would just about die if I founf anything he left or his initial! lol

------------------
~*Bye for now!*~

<3 Kim

*TiGerLiLy*

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2000 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i figured this out! my dad talked to his friend a couple days ago and he said they used his boat only for the still shots by the dock, not on the water. they used another look-alike boat for the shots on the water w/ the actors on it. I still think they should've used my dad's boat! hehe well he says it looks just like his friend's boat. oh well ...

<3 Kim
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2000 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on a related note, tomorrow, (4/26) the Andrea Gail (I think it's the replica used in the movie, since the original sank in the atlantic.) is set to launch from Long Beach, CA.

Lianne

Monday April 24, 9:54 pm Eastern Time
Company Press Release

ADVISORY/ The Andrea Gail, Nautical Star of the Upcoming Film ``The Perfect Storm,'' to
Launch From Long Beach Harbor for a Journey to Its Home Port of Gloucester, Massachusetts

(ENTERTAINMENT WIRE)-- REVISED NOTICE NEW DATE --

WHAT: The launch of The Andrea Gail, the boat featured in the ``The Perfect Storm.'' It will travel from Long Beach Harbor to its home port of Gloucester, Massachusetts, via the Panama Canal, and continue on to Hamburg, Germany, to celebrate the German premiere of ``The Perfect Storm.''

An epic drama based on a true story, "The Perfect Storm" stars George Clooney, Mark
Wahlberg, Diane Lane and Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio and opens nationwide on June 30th. The film tells of the courageous men and women who risk their lives every working day, pitting their fishing boats and rescue vessels against the capricious forces of nature. Their worst fears are realized at sea one fateful autumn when three raging weather fronts collide to produce the fiercest storm in modern history.

WHEN: 10:30 AM, Wednesday, April 26
WHERE: Al Larson's Boat Yard, Terminal Island, Long Beach
IMPORTANT: TO RSVP AND FOR DIRECTIONS TO THE DOCK, CALL:
MARILYN NELSON / PRINT: (818) 954-6228
DENNISE STIRES / BROADCAST: (818) 954-6277
ROBIN FORRAY-KAUFMAN / RADIO: (818) 954-6513
BRENDA FALITZ / ON-LINE: (818) 954-6676
PATTI HALL / PHOTO: (818) 954-6585
MONICA HARMON / INTERNATIONAL: (818) 954-6265

PRESS CREDENTIALING: Press credentials must be picked up on site after 9:30 AM the day
of the launch.
witchhazel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2000 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hailing from Baltimore.... I got this information from the local news and paper- the boat that was used in the film is the "Lady Grace"- she hails from Ocean City Maryland. The guy that owned her used to fish and stopped a couple years ago. He sold the boat to the makers of the film and they painted her up as a replica. Ta dah!

A friend of mine who comes from Ocean City was down there last Spring? She saw Mark at a local bar on a Tuesday night- he was alone save for his bodyguard.... The guy who owned the boat was teaching the cast how to LOOK like fishermen/women.
*TiGerLiLy*

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2000 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea my dad's friend's boat wasnt used at the andrea gail. it was used as the hanna boden. i wrote that post a while ago when i wasnt really sure which boat it was made to look like. sorry for the confusion...
witchhazel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2000 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No cornfusion- I was just showing some "Maryland Pride"!

Does anyone know how much she sold for on e-bay?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Perfect Storm All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: