Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
My favorite scenes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Boogie Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ekelley12

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2001 3:15 am    Post subject: My favorite scenes Reply with quote

Boogie Nights is one of my all time favorite movies. It has drama, comedy, action and tragedy all in one. PT Anderson is a pure genius to say the least. I love that he uses many of the same actors in his movies over and over ( does this mean we will see Mark in a future movie? I hope so!). Anyway, we constantly quote lines from BN here at work and laugh about some of the scenes, such as:

The whole "Angels Live in My Town" trailer. I crack up when Brock and Chest do their karate moves, it is sooo funny!

Amber's bio film on Dirk with the voice over when she is listing Dirks' interests...which makes him sound so worldly and intellectual.
In one of the scenes he talks about when Napoleon was king of the Roman Empire and people where constantly trying to assasinate him..DD sounds like such an idiot, plus he has those horrible '70's sun glasses on that cover half his face.

Someone else mentioned the scene where DD is all coked up and Jack says he will not shoot him in that state and DD says, "State, what state, Jack? The state of California? I know where I am." Always makes me laugh.

The fact that everything in DD's house when he starts making money is either made from Italian silk or Italian leather. Everything he mentions is described as imported or such. Like the lamp he has in his bedroom, he says it is made out of real sterling silver....

Bottom line, I love this movie!

I also read somewhere that PT ANderson had written a part for MW in Magnolia but because of scheduling conflicts he wasn't in it. I love Magnolia too and would have loved to see MW in it Sad Oh well.
Laura R

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2001 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I love all the scenes that you mentioned! The movie is so good, my favorite i think. I like the part where Mark and everyone are disco danceing, and how he was going on and on about his shoes and how they were Italian leather..lol. I thought the Brock Landers movie was so funny too, I almost died laughing when i saw that! *lol*
And the poem about the Bees...hehehe
going up the sugar tree
we will see lots of bees
playing, playing
but the bees won't sting
because you love me...ohmigod lol
I love this movie
I did hear something about Mark doing another movie with Paul Thomas Anderson, and that John C. Reily was going to be in it too.
I hope it's true, that would be good.
Take Care,
Laura

[This message has been edited by Laura R (edited October 25, 2001).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Boogie Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: