Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
My favorite scene in Fear...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Fear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
City Gal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're right dancindiva it's under the general discussion somewhere about his new place in Cali
City Gal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wondered where your reply went elisabet, I thought I was seeing things!
texans_have_the_most_fun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, none of us know Mark personaly so we have no idea what is the truth....**** he could have a house at every corner of the U.S. for all we know, he has enough money. He probably still owns a house on the east coast because thats his "home" and he probably bought a new house in Cali.....for some other reason.
elisabet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh for funks sake, you will not have it will you!! MARK LIVES IN CALI!when not visiting family or filming back East/abroad. I'm probably gonna get into bother for this. sorry all. Mark Wahlberg (we are speaking of the same guy right?) has not 'bought a house on every corner of the U.S.' and does not own a home in Boston/East coast, for the time being!. This may have gone a miss by those in charge but this whole thing is driving me barmy. Count to ten Elisa.....My apologies once again.

[This message has been edited by elisabet (edited July 18, 2002).]
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Elisabet. Some people can't be told wrong.

Texans- No I don't know Mark personally but it's been confirmed by his latest interviews (did you see/hear about the Letterman interview?!?) and E-Factor, Mark has a house in California. He did for a time live with his mother out in Massachussetts. And before that in various apartments in the NY/LA area. His accent seems to have morphed into the generic North East accent. Time to time his Boston accent pops up, as does some New Yawkese. I suppose if you're from the New England area one could tell a Dorchester from a Boston accent, but generally people lump the smaller cities with their larger neighbors. Most people wouldn't know where Hayward was, but if I said San Francisco, you'd get the general location.

It'll be interesting what happens when he's in Cali as we don't have much of an accent compared to the rest of the US. Some people loose all their accents, some the original accent gets stronger or in other cases they pick up another accent! LOL Life in the melting pot.

The Biography section could do for an update, but the most current info's on the boards. Check that and the FAQs first.

Now to get this topic back on track, I don't really have a favorite scene in the movie. But I guess the first time you see him onscreen is a great as it was his first as the lead.
City Gal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, I know Lianne wants to get back on topic but oh elisabet you rock girl!
I hope I don't ever get on the wrong side of you.
texans_have_the_most_fun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all, sorry about the big fuss that happened. Im a pretty new Mark fan so all I know is what I read on sites, I have no idea how old it is. I know it is WAY off topic but do any of yall watch "Queer as Folk"?
texans_have_the_most_fun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and sorry about the accent thing, from what Ive heard of Mark and NY people he sounds like a NYer to me but then again Ive NEVER been out of Texas so I wouldnt know for sure.
T-Jay

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well no-one's said it yet but my favourite part is when Nicole and Margo are sun-bathing the day after David beat up Gary and then David's gang starts running in and Nicole legs it to her car and he follows. My favourite line is when he syas to her, '...all i saw was some guy withe his paws all over you.' Because his accent is so gorgeous and I'm not surprised that she went straight back to him and forgave him because he's such a charmer!
MARKISMYMAN

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you T-Jay about the pool. I also look forward to the bedroom scene and when he throws Margo over his shoulder and slaps her butt (I love that part!).

[This message has been edited by MARKISMYMAN (edited August 13, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by MARKISMYMAN (edited August 13, 2002).]
Phillygirl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, two things. I find accent on rappers/former rappers pretty interesting. For instant, Eminiem (sp?) sounds like Mark used to when he was Marky Mark but from what I understand he is from Detroit. I was born and raised there and I don't talk like that AT ALL!!

Second thing - My favorite scene is when they are kissing after the pool hall and David says to Nicole, "You know every part of you tastes so good." CHILLS - I get chills every time!!
mark69char

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heyy...my favorite part of tha movie is when david goes up to the car that nicole is in and he goes "i didnt know it was gary i swear, all i saw was some guy all over you"it shows his boston accent ! ahhh it was soo cute i love him!!
~ your #1 fan.... char
Differences01

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya'll so crack me up! Jennie and mArk_71..that was funny when he looked through the peephole. I was like "crazy psychopathe!" Marks_chick..when he says everypart of u tastes so good..that was really sweet. Hoebag? You need to see a psychiatrist. no female wants a man that harrasses her. and im sure mark wouldn't do that in real life cuz he said he wants a big family. as many children as his wife could give him...if he harrassed her and she refused to give birth, that might result in rape...which results in jail and what the h*** am i talkin' about? Schmitttyyy2, fast forwarding all the parts on the rollercoaster...i hear you! My mother would be like, "girl...what fuc do u be watchin' now a dayz? turn that shyt off!" straight up trippin'! Madz...when u say we go off on the rollercoaster......what do U be doin'?LOL Marlolovesmark-the note on the car was actually. "Now I've popped both you cherries. what the h*** were u talkin' about? i don't know.LOL and to lil_chynacali..i heard he was from NY and moved to boston. that was most DEFINITELY a NY accent. no doubt!
no fear 25

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone thought i'd reply to this topic apart from liking the whole film i do have fav parts firstly the bedroom scene must of seen thousands of times brings butterflys to my stomache, when he's telling her dad a few facts i just love his expression, when there around the poool,when he's chasing gary i love that part (i know it's not nice he kills him) but i love that part. Finally i love the whole end when there tortureing nicoles family just great.
Differences01

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK! i'm tired of this whole.."he's from here. he's from there." check his biography on this website. It says Mark Robert Michael Wahlberg was born on June 5,1971 in St. Margaret's Hospital in BOSTON! Therefore he was born in BOSTON! he could have MOVED to dorchesster,massachusetts and NY. But i believe that the accent in Fear could have been boston accents. (to me it sounded New Yorkan.) he could of picked up the accent while staying in New York. That's happened to me once too! I couldn't stop the English(England) and French accent. and i only picked it up from watching a MOVIE! So i know that if he actually WENT to those places, he could of picked up a stronger accent. *just wanted to clear that up!* LOL! GO BACK TO FIGHTING..IT'S CRACKIN ME UP!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Fear All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: