Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Mark Wahlberg ain’t no Bob the Nailer (here be spoilers)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaylinne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Mark Wahlberg ain’t no Bob the Nailer (here be spoilers) Reply with quote

Twisted Evil hey, before you throw popcorn at me, read on!! Very Happy

He. Is. awesome in the lead role of Shooter, as the guy named Bob Lee Swagger! He took that role and made it his own – which goes to prove what I’ve believed all along, he ain’t just another pretty face! Bob the Nailer was the character as envisioned by author Stephen Hunter, upon whose book this movie is fashioned. They never did refer to Bob Lee by that nick, and that was okay. It was a ‘Nam thing, and stayed there.

I want to thank director Antoine Fuqua (pronounced Few-kwa) for the superb job of combining scenes and editing out certain scenes that were in the trailers – he left out any hanky panky between Bob Lee and Sarah, and thankfully and mercifully left out the check-out gal commenting on the purchases Bob Lee & Nick made at the local guy’s store (Fleet Farm? Farm & Fleet? Menards? Whatever!! LOL!) That scene always made me shudder…

I want to thank screenplay writer Jonathan Lemkin for allowing the character of Bob Lee to call Nick Memphis “Pork.” You need to read the book if you want to know what I mean. But I am not thrilled with the innuendo that Payne had his way with Sarah when he kidnapped her.

The set-up was great, the weapons were awesome, the explosions were fiery, the action was top notch, the weapons were awesome, the body count was high, the conspiracy theories abounded, Wahlberg was superb, the cast was well-chosen, did I mention the weapons were awesome? Cool

Please read up on the JFK conspiracy theories if you want to get a kick out of Levon Helm’s character, to whom Bob Lee and Nick go for wisdom. Helm is/was a member of The Band, out of Woodstock in ’69. Fuqua worked with him in the documentary he made on the Blues, called Lightning in a Bottle. His line about the shovel went over most of the heads that were in the theater...sheesh, it's history, boys and girls!!

Michael Pena has some of the best lines. And once again, the top-notch bad guys can’t shoot worth a darn. C'est la vie. Rolling Eyes

Now about Bob Lee’s bullet wounds. Didn’t you learn anything in Three Kings? What happens when a bullet enters the body? Something called sepsis. And dang, if Bob Lee didn’t know how to deal with it! And realized he needed saline after losing so much blood. Hallelujah, somebody did their homework. Some really great scenes there – DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME! However, I recall he was shot twice – and we never did find out much about the 2nd bullet wound. Hmmmm. As for Sarah tending to the injured Bob Lee, well, there may be a spot on the DVD that gets a little extra look-see once it’s out, sorta like the volleyball game in Top Gun. Twisted Evil Shocked

I could go on and on. I am pumped. I am wired. I laughed and groaned and threw popcorn -- and spent a lot of time on the edge of my seat! LOL! There were cheese-y moments and a “duh” moment or three. Poor Bob Lee, he was the only one who didn’t see the set up coming. Didja ever see that Looney Tunes cartoon where the character gets wrapped up like a sucker?? My eyes rolled out of my head. Rolling Eyes

I love Danny Glover and Ned Beatty playing the bad guy roles. Nobody seems to remember that Glover was the bad guy in the 1986 Harrison Ford movie, Witness... Yep, I am old!! Laughing

I wanna say more, but I'm out of time. I hope y'all enjoy it when you get to see it - it was everything I hoped it would be. A great shoot-em-up in the old fashioned sense of the word.

Marky Mark Who?

Welcome to Tennessee, patron state of shootin' stuff. -- Shooter

mrsmercer109

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol tahnx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Shooter All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: