Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
DVD Commentary- need your opinion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> I Heart Huckabees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aLuv

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: DVD Commentary- need your opinion Reply with quote

So I’m watching the commentary with Russell, Mark, and Schwartzman, and I’m really enjoying the information that Russell is giving about the making of the film……I like hearing about how things work on the set of the movie and how the actors do their thing, right……..So then Mark comes on and starts talking about his part, and right away I start grinnin’ cause this is not “interview” Mark, but relaxed, funny and somewhat ghetto Mark….you know, the Mark we all love to love…….So anyway, he’s making his comments and bustin’ a few jokes here and there and during one scene he happens to say something that caught my attention……Russell makes a joke about a sequel where Mark and Naomi Watts’ character are married and Schwartzman is their neighbor, right,….so Mark says, “Is Schwartzman (character) gonna be married (or something like that) Russell says to who? Mark makes a joke and says, “yeah, he’s gonna be with a "black chick” ha, ha ha ……..then he says something about Lil Kim…..Then there was this- I can’t believe you just said that silence……and finally Schwartzman says, “how ‘bout Beyonce”…..Mark’s like, yeah, Beyonce!...yada, yada………..So my point in bringin’ this up is that because I’m a “black chic”…..who’s also an actress, ( not on their level yet ofcourse), I find myself a bit offended. A) why is the idea of a black women playing his wife funny? And B) The way he said it seemed kinda ignorant, I was disappointed by it.…………If you haven’t already seen the commentary on the DVD, check it out and tell me what ya’ll think……Am I just over reacting?
Holla back…
aLuv

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So no one has an opinion?..... Sad .....That's ok, the boards not what it use to be back in the day..lol Laughing ...........I did watch it again though, and this time I was crackin' up!!....the way he said it and the way the other two responded.....hilarius......must of been in a bad mood that first time I watched it... Laughing .......wow, I'm acually having a conversation with myself Very Happy
xo_xplicit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i haven't seen it, but i think people will see it differently. i don't think he meant anything by it. glad to see you watched it again and laughed =)
markemailme!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: DVD Commentary- need your opinion Reply with quote

aLuv wrote:
So I’m watching the commentary with Russell, Mark, and Schwartzman, and I’m really enjoying the information that Russell is giving about the making of the film……I like hearing about how things work on the set of the movie and how the actors do their thing, right……..So then Mark comes on and starts talking about his part, and right away I start grinnin’ cause this is not “interview” Mark, but relaxed, funny and somewhat ghetto Mark….you know, the Mark we all love to love…….So anyway, he’s making his comments and bustin’ a few jokes here and there and during one scene he happens to say something that caught my attention……Russell makes a joke about a sequel where Mark and Naomi Watts’ character are married and Schwartzman is their neighbor, right,….so Mark says, “Is Schwartzman (character) gonna be married (or something like that) Russell says to who? Mark makes a joke and says, “yeah, he’s gonna be with a "black chick” ha, ha ha ……..then he says something about Lil Kim…..Then there was this- I can’t believe you just said that silence……and finally Schwartzman says, “how ‘bout Beyonce”…..Mark’s like, yeah, Beyonce!...yada, yada………..So my point in bringin’ this up is that because I’m a “black chic”…..who’s also an actress, ( not on their level yet ofcourse), I find myself a bit offended. A) why is the idea of a black women playing his wife funny? And B) The way he said it seemed kinda ignorant, I was disappointed by it.…………If you haven’t already seen the commentary on the DVD, check it out and tell me what ya’ll think……Am I just over reacting?
Holla back…

hi! Very Happy well i haven't watch it unfortunately...post it if you can....
.but i think that mark loves black women ...i don't know why but it seems...(i think)that he prefers them....that's my opinion...i don't think he said it ironically or something like that.....i remember that he said on an interview that he likes salma hayek ,halle berry...i think he dig black chicks really........and that's very cool Very Happy
aLuv

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for your reply markemailme, (cute name.... Smile )......I'm supprised more people on the site have not viewd the commentary....has much as ya'll love his voice and or the way he talks, I'm tellin' you, you would love, love, to hear him on this commentary.......I promise you won't be dissappointed!......he's really funny on it...... Very Happy
markemailme!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aLuv wrote:
Thanx for your reply markemailme, (cute name.... Smile )......I'm supprised more people on the site have not viewd the commentary....has much as ya'll love his voice and or the way he talks, I'm tellin' you, you would love, love, to hear him on this commentary.......I promise you won't be dissappointed!......he's really funny on it...... Very Happy

hehe you like my name??thank you Embarassed Embarassed Smile Very Happy you have a very cute name too...aLuv!!!!very sexy Cool cool!
oh i'm sure i won't be disappointed!hehe...id LOVE to see it...i didn't know that there is a commemtary..
Confused Embarassed ...and thanks for saying it Very Happy
{:runs....to find the commentary:} Very Happy
hmjackso

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my mind is moving faster than my hands as i type this so excuse my typos...

first of all i cant believe i missed your original post aLuv i check this site everyday, if i had seen it back in august i definately would have commented.

but i understand how you felt when you first heard the "get a black chic" comment... wow i thought i was just being overly-sensitive-i get that way sometimes.

when i heard him say that my heart sunk.

i actually had to turn off the dvd. i was like wait a minute why is that so incredulous, him having a black wife? why is that a joke in and of itself? i seriously considered letting this whole mark-infatuation thing go. i was sooo dissapointed in him.

but then i thought about it.

mark was the only white guy in the funky bunch.

mark freely chose to associate with mostly black people when he was marky mark. why would he do that if he didnt like black people?

mark chose to go into Rap which is a predominatley black industry. why would he do that if he didnt respect the black people in the industry?

mark made out with a "black chic" in Good Vibrations.

mark created a foundation that supports underprivileged urban youth. i bet more than 60% of the youths that benefit from his foundation are black. why would he do that if he didnt have love for black people?

mark was a staunch supporter of the documentary Juvies- which exposed how inner city youths often get hit with cruel and unusual amount of prison time. i'll bet probably 75% of those youths are black. why would he do that if he didnt care about black people?

so, after i though about all this i realized that i was being over-reactive and taking myself waaaay too seriously. it was just a joke.

marks cool with me.

HE GETS A GHETTO PASS!!!
hmjackso

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
he said on an interview that he likes salma hayek ,halle berry...i think he dig black chicks really........and that's very cool

markemailme i swear you are sooo cute... you crack me up sometimes! Laughing Laughing Laughing
markemailme!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmjackso wrote:
Quote:
he said on an interview that he likes salma hayek ,halle berry...i think he dig black chicks really........and that's very cool

markemailme i swear you are sooo cute... you crack me up sometimes! Laughing Laughing Laughing

aww...thank you very much hmjackso i luv ya too Embarassed Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Mr. Green
Super Genius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: DVD Commentary- need your opinion Reply with quote

aLuv wrote:
Holla back…

It's obviously an inside joke about Jason that we don't know the context of. We could spend all day with the "maybe it means" fairy working overtime, but unless someone asks Mark or David then we won't know for sure.
aLuv

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your reply...........what I was mainly concerned with was the idea of a black actress playing the characters wife in the movie, ya know? I'm pretty sure race isn't an issue with Mark, I dont really care about his preference........just me PMSing is all... Laughing ........Did any one see the movie Boiler Room?....It was with Vin Diesle, Nia Long (black actress) and Giovonni Ribssi.......anyway, I was pleased to see that the writer/director cast Nia and Giovonni together as a couple, and if your familiar with Giovonni, that's an unlikely pairing in itself. But it worked, it wasn't even an issue, ya know?.....so that gives me hope........I had the pleasure of meeting the Directer last week. His name is Ben Younger. I know he's gonna blow up real soon! I hope to work with him at some point. I love the urban style of his movies. He has another movie coming out called Prime with Uma Thurman, it's very good, check it out..... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> I Heart Huckabees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: