Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
I <3 HUCKABEES Principal Photography Has Begun

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> I Heart Huckabees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Super Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:18 pm    Post subject: I <3 HUCKABEES Principal Photography Has Begun Reply with quote

HOLLYWOOD, Calif., June 30 /PRNewswire/ -- Principal photography has begun in Los Angeles on the existential comedy I HEART HUCKABEES (pronounced I HEART HUCKABEES) featuring an ensemble cast that includes two-time Academy Award(R)- winner Dustin Hoffman (RAIN MAN, KRAMER VS. KRAMER), Isabelle Huppert (LA DENTELLIERE, 8 FEMMES), Oscar(R) nominee Jude Law (THE TALENTED MR. RIPLEY, ROAD TO PERDITION), Jason Schwartzman (RUSHMORE, SPUN), Oscar nominee Lily Tomlin (NASHVILLE, SHORT CUTS), Mark Wahlberg (THE ITALIAN JOB, THREE KINGS) and Naomi Watts (THE RING, MULHOLLAND DRIVE).

I HEART HUCKABEES is directed and co-written by David O. Russell.
Russell's first film, SPANKING THE MONKEY, premiered at the Sundance Film Festival, where it won the Sundance Audience Award in 1994. It also was named Best First Feature and Best First Screenplay at the Independent Spirit Awards. His second film was the acclaimed comedy, FLIRTING WITH DISASTER. THREE KINGS came out in 1999 and appeared in over 100 critic's top ten lists and won the Boston Film Critic's Association's Best Film of the Year. The film marks co-writer Jeff Baena's first feature film screenplay put into production.

Producers on the film are Oscar-nominated Scott Rudin (THE HOURS, THE ROYAL TENENBAUMS), Gregory Goodman (8 MILE, THREE KINGS) and David O. Russell, with Michael Kuhn (BEING JOHN MALKOVICH, WILD AT HEART) as executive producer. The director of photography is Peter Deming (MULHOLLAND DRIVE, FROM **** ) and the production designer is KK Barrett (LOST IN THE TRANSLATION, BEING JOHN MALKOVICH). The entire shoot will take place in Los Angeles and is set to wrap in early September.

In I HEART HUCKABEES, a husband-and-wife team (Dustin Hoffman, Lily
Tomlin) play detective, but not in the traditional sense. Instead, the happy duo helps others solve their existential issues, the kind that keep you up at night, wondering what it all means...

The film is being produced and financed by N1 European Film Produktions-GmbH & Co. KG with production advisory services supplied by Qwerty Films Limited. The project was brought to Fox Searchlight Pictures by Claudia Lewis, Executive Vice President of Production.

Fox Searchlight's rights are limited to North America, Latin America, UK, German and Italian territories (other territories being sold by Icon Entertainment International). Fox Searchlight is a filmmaker-oriented company that focuses on distinctive films helmed by world-class auteurs and exciting newcomers. It has its own marketing, distribution and publicity operations, and its films are distributed internationally by Twentieth Century Fox. Fox Searchlight Pictures is a unit of Fox Filmed Entertainment, a unit of Fox Entertainment Group.

SOURCE Fox Searchlight Pictures

[This message has been edited by Mark Shields (edited June 30, 2003).]
Kazuko

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the great news.
Monica

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Mark

------------------
www.mwitaliantribe.org
LYNNE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Mark
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted it last week on my website, the first pic - taken by director David O. Russell from the set (minus Mark, Naomi & Jude) was posted by Fox Searchlight. They promise more updates and looks good on updates if its anything like what they're doing for Bend it Like Beckham (which is a great movie if you haven't seen it yet) and Le Divorce.
Monica

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the update Lianne

------------------
www.mwitaliantribe.org
Kazuko

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Lianne.

The Z Review has pics from the filming of Huckabee's.
http://www.thezreview.co.uk/news/news1421.htm

[This message has been edited by Kazuko (edited August 26, 2003).]
Nathalie Cage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mark S. and Lianne

Love and Kisses Nathalie
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kazuko.

People magazine, Sept 8th issue has a pic of Mark on his bike with Jason and one of Dustin & Lily. My scanner doesn't work, but I'm sure someone will scan it and post it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> I Heart Huckabees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: