Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Entertainment Tonight & POTA2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Planet of the Apes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Super Genius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:43 pm    Post subject: Entertainment Tonight & POTA2 Reply with quote

Planet of the Apes 2: ET reports that Mark Wahlberg is interested in starring in a sequel to the Tim Burton remake.

I got that off DarkHorizons.com regarding Entertainment Tonight. Anyone catch ET yesterday?

Respectfully,
Mark
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't see it, but this was on the wires.
http://www.teletext.com/entertainment/generic.asp?slot=11&page=1&ref=3

Wahlberg: Apes II is chimpossible

Italian Job star Mark Wahlberg has ruled out the possibility of starring in a sequel to Tim Burton's ill-fated sci-fi remake Planet Of The Apes.

"I would do anything that Tim Burton asked me to do," Wahlberg told reporters at a press conference at London's swanky Claridges hotel.

"I said I would do it if Tim did it. Tim went on to say that he would rather jump out of a window. So I'd probably rather follow Tim out of the window."

15/09/2003
--------

If we could confirm he can drop it if Tim's out, it would be alot easier to figure out. The Fox people and producer keep saying they have MW for PoTA2 no matter who directs it. But he keeps saying he won't do it if Tim's not. And Tim said no way again a few months ago. So its all up in the air unless the quote was out of context - which is always possible.
Super Genius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Tim is on like Donkey Kong for POTA2. Here's a quote from DarkHorizons.com today...

''Planet of the Apes 2: BBC Wales indicates Tim Burton has been scouting England to shoot the sequel in late 2004 with both Pinewood & Shepperton studios being looked at''

Contractually Mark was already signed to do a sequel when he signed the first contract, from what I understand. This was according to studio reps and I'll see if I can dig up the link (if it still works). I can also inquire with Mark's management if you guys really want to know or not.

Respectfully,
Mark
LYNNE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting. Thankyou Mark.
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if people saw but the Calgary Sun talked to Tim Burton a few days ago and I posted over at my site:

Burton says he won't be involved in any sequel to his Planet of the Apes.

"No, no, no, never. After having made Batman Returns, I realized it's not a good idea for me to do sequels."
-----------------

So the balls back in 20th Century Fox and MW's court. No Burton. I bet the BBC report was Burton scouting for the Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
blondegirl2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark i would like to know so if you get the info that would be so cool.happy thanksgiving

------------------
carrie burdine

Super Genius

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That quote from Lianne is accurate. Burton might have been doing some looking around for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, perhaps?
Kazuko

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to vevie, I have read this article.
I wonder if this is true???

Keown to star in new Apes film

Arsenal footballer Martin Keown has landed a cameo role in the new Planet of the Apes film, set for release late next year.

The ex-England defender will play evil warrior-gorilla Aldo in a remake of the 1971 classic eReturn to the Planet of the Apesf, which will also feature Hollywood stars such as Mark Wahlberg, Helena Bonham-Carter and Tim Roth.

Director Tim Burton spotted Keownfs potential after his performance against Manchester Utd earlier this season.

gMartin was very relaxed during casting and I think he could go a long way playing simian characters,h he said. gThe other advantage is that wefre going to save a **** of a lot of money on make-up.h

Keown is not the first footballer to go into acting. Ex-Utd star Eric Cantona managed a passable French accent in eElizabeth If while ex-Wimbledon and Chelsea hardman Vinny Jones starred in Guy Ritchiefs eLock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrelsf after being spotted by the British director assaulting various other players during his 15-year playing career.
http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s4i1493

[This message has been edited by Kazuko (edited December 29, 2003).]
Super Genius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a joke. A spoof site. Really, what they say about this guy not needing makeup to play an ape is really in bad taste.
Kazuko

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm stupid. lol Thanks Mark.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Planet of the Apes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: