Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Mark, Donnie &the Bathroom

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Number1MarkFan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 1:24 pm    Post subject: Mark, Donnie &the Bathroom Reply with quote

This is one of those "I want to die" moments that happened after I saw Rock Star last night:

The movie was done and I REALLY had to "take a piss" haha (see the movie and this will make sense). So I went into the restroom and there were about 4 women in there waiting. Two of them were talking about how good the movie they had just seen was. One of them turned to me and said, "Did you just see Rock Star?" and I told her I had and that I had really liked it. She paused for a moment then said, "What was the name of his band in REAL life? Before he was an actor" and I asked if she meant Mark (der) and she said yes. I got this BIG grin and said, "Oh, Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch" And she said, "No before that" So right about now I'm thinking, 'look lady, I KNOW for a FACT he wasn't in a band before that'. She continued to say how popular the band was for a while. Then it dawned on me.
"Oh, New Kids on the Block?"
"YES!" she exclaimed "That's it!" Then I answered with;
"Oh, well Mark wasn't in that band. That was his older brother, Donnie Wahlberg. But Donnie did help him get started 'cause he produced the Funky Bunch's first album and he co-wrote a lot of the songs on it. It's a really good CD. I listen to it before all my cross country races cause it helps-" At this point I realize I am rambling like a lunatic and that ALL eyes are on me, and the look behind them clearly says "OMG, what a nutcase..". The woman smiled politely and said, "how nice" then she ducked into a stall.
I felt SO STUPID!!!!

~Erin
Stickboyz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark was with the new kids, BUT only for a year or so!

Chris

Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Mark wasn't in the New Kids. He and Donnie were the first ones recruited by Maurice Starr, but once he realized he had to take voice lessons and sing love songs, he quit. the New Kids actually went by Nynuk for several years before they changed to NKOTB (based on Donnie's rap song on their self titled album)

So that's the real story of Mark & the New Kids. Hope that clears things up.

Oh and I get the nutjob stare all the time, no biggie. As long as Mark doesn't think I am, I'm happy to say 'whatever'

Lianne

[This message has been edited by Lianne (edited September 08, 2001).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Rock Star All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: