Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
THE YARDS FINALLY RELEASED IN AUSTRALIA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aussiegirl

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2001 6:11 am    Post subject: THE YARDS FINALLY RELEASED IN AUSTRALIA Reply with quote

Hooray - today "The Yards" was finally released in Australia and so this is the second time ever I have got to Mark on the big screen instead of on video.

This has received excellent press reviews in Australia comments such as...."impressive cast list" and "the story of corruption and betrayal is a welcome surprise among some disappointing recent sub-standard American releases"...they note..."a film of quality lingers on the distributor's shelf"....so grrrr to Mirimax for not promoting this film as it deserved to be.

I thoroughly enjoyed it....Mark W. acting was incredible as was Joaquin Phoenix and Charlize Theron and for once Mark was left to show us his fine acting ability on his own merits...no need for him to be exploited and take the shirt off etc.

Congratulations Mark! on a job well done...hope we see many more like this! I know we will - because the job you did in this movie (as you have done before) will have a lot of people taking notice!
M Factor

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2001 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool aussie girl. am dead jealous!!!! i haven't seen it yet as the bloody thing is on at weird times so i won't probably be able to see it during the week (like 9.20pm at night or 4.20pm).

anyway another review i saw said it was 'grim but mesmerising' - i thought that was a good quote!

it's got heaps of reviews here basically i think because of joaquin's sudden publicity due to the oscars and 'gladiator' - am hoping to see it this sat. night - lani, are you a goer????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> The Yards All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: