Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Is this movie worth seing?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Perfect Storm
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 6:03 pm    Post subject: Is this movie worth seing? Reply with quote

Do you guys think this movie is worth renting? I know that mark is hot, but other than that, is it worth getting?

Thanks!
*~mArKs AnGeL~*

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah its definately worth seeing but its a little sad I wont say any more coz it will ruin it for you!
MarkyMark651971

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yo this movie is def worth buyin/rentin....me and my cousin watch it every day durin tha summer...i know it by heart...we r goin to gloucester this summer to check it out...(and b somewhere that we know mark and george were) lol! it has a lota meanin and stuff like that

------------------
"the vibrations good like a sunkist many wanna know who done this marky mark and im here to move you rounds the groove you and im here to prove to u that we can party on the positive side all positive vibes come along for the ride thinking you can feel the rythym is my occupation so feel the vibrations"~ MMatFB good vibes

"You gotta protect yourself, but when you do that, you set yourself up to miss out on unconditional love."~Mark Wahlberg

"My brother Donnie's a perfectionist when it comes to performing, but I'm a perfectionist in my own way, too. I want to perfect my own image." - Mark

LYNNE

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very sad but really worth buying.
City Gal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good one although Geaorge Clooney really put me off, I think he's horrible.
LYNNE

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's got nice eyes but don't rate him that much
RagedyAnn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I saw Perfect Storm and I really didn't like it. Rent it and decide for yourself.

It really like depends on what you want out of a movie. Cause like, I'm into storylines and writing and character development and plot and acting and all that stuff - - I'm not as into who's hot and whose not.

I didn't like it cause the story was all over the place and it bothered me - - by the endof the movie, I wanted more - - I still don't know how it is a dedication to the people who live in Glouster - -

------------------
To mourn a mischief that is dead and gone is the best way to draw new mischief on - William Shakespeare, " Othello"

marks baby love

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhhhhhhhhhh yeah........ all his movies are.
micha xoxox
ktbspa
madz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks for all help, i went out rented it, im gonna wathc it later, did any of you guys see planet of the apes, its an odd one, lol, anyways, thanks!
madz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i watched it. It is probably the saddest movie ever created, ok, lol. I totally liked the begining, and end. But during the middle, its alittle dull. i also think that its not one of marks best work. The actress who played his wife is so beautiful! (not to be a critic, hes got ebnough of those) well, thanks for your help!
*~mArKs AnGeL~*

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well at least you have seen it and his girlfriend is played by Diane Lane
MarkyMark651971

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this movie a dedication to the ppl of gloucester in how it gets ppl who r watching it to realize that fishin is serious buisiness and makes ppl who eat fish think about where it came from and stuff lkike that its strong stuff u know...

------------------
"the vibrations good like a sunkist many wanna know who done this marky mark and im here to move you rounds the groove you and im here to prove to u that we can party on the positive side all positive vibes come along for the ride thinking you can feel the rythym is my occupation so feel the vibrations"~ MMatFB good vibes

"You gotta protect yourself, but when you do that, you set yourself up to miss out on unconditional love."~Mark Wahlberg

"My brother Donnie's a perfectionist when it comes to performing, but I'm a perfectionist in my own way, too. I want to perfect my own image." - Mark

RagedyAnn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the reason that I don't see it as a dedication is b/c they switched from talking about the fisherman to focusing on the storm - - i.e the sail boat in the middle of the ocean. I mean I didn't understand what that had to do with them as fisherman period - - and if the coast guard hadn't gone after that ship they would have had enough gas to go save the lives of the other people - - and I felt like George Clooney was like Captian Ahab from Moby ****, I mean he was bent on getting fish, but why? I just don't believe that the fisherman of Glouster are willing to risk their lives for fish - - and if they are, then I don't feel as if the movie presented it well enough. I would have liked to get to know the characters better, like what happened to Clooney's wife and kids, and the Jamacian guy what was so special about him, and the guy who had gone through a divorce what was his character's problem with Scully? And then Mark and Diane had good chemistry but I would have liked to have seen them together more, and understood more about their struggle. I guess I felt like at the beginning of the movie that they focused on the fisherman and that was really interesting, but during the middle it was like reading Moby **** cause they like went from focusing on the fisherman to focusing on the storm - - I would have like to have seen a parallel between the relationships and the storm, or to better understand what it is about being swordfish captian that is so driving - - ya know - - I know its all capitalized in that line George Clooney says to Steinbergen but I wanted more than that - - so I guess I'll have to read the book.

POTA - I'll go to that section and write what I felt about that flick -

------------------
To mourn a mischief that is dead and gone is the best way to draw new mischief on - William Shakespeare, " Othello"

[This message has been edited by RagedyAnn (edited June 19, 2002).]
mark luva

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

**** yes! All his movies are.
Es

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i loved this movie!its my favorite of all Mark's movies i've seen.i usually hate movies that dont go into detail about their characters but in TPS i didnt.it didnt need to go into the fishermans lives it was more about them vs the storm.they(the fisherman) went and risked their lives for money not for fish.they all needed it and let their desperation for money kill them.thats the saddest part.i cried at the end.TPS is one of the best movies i've ever seen.i never get tired of watching it even when it makes me cry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Perfect Storm All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: