Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
The Perfect Storm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Perfect Storm
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Super Genius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 1999 8:59 pm    Post subject: The Perfect Storm Reply with quote

Ever been in a big storm? Were you scared? Supposedly this new film which Mark recently finished filming will be a real roller coaster ride and take you to where you've never been before. Have you read the book? If so, please share. We'll be talking up the movie in the next few months as we anticipate its release on July 4th weekend. If you haven't seen the trailer online yet, you can see it on the big screen along with the new Oliver Stone feature On Any Sunday.

-Mark
Maggie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2000 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok....I'm reading The Perfect Storm right now and it's really hard to get into even though I enjoy offshore fishing and can understand the terminology in the book. I think because it's non-fiction and written with careful detail that it would be a better movie than a non-fiction book. Don't get me wrong, it is very well written but there's just too much extra information that doesn't really relate directly to the men that died on the Andrea Gail. I'm more interested in knowing about them and getting right to the good parts when they are at sea.
Maggie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2000 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You drowned once? AAHH! It's a ghost! Just kidding around with ya, it is pretty scary when you go under the water and you can't figure the top of the water from the bottom. I live close to Cocoa Beach and frequent the sandy shore. I try to be careful though after I had an experience similar to yours. The sea can be frightening. Isn't it odd how the sound of the ocean can lull one person to sleep but can make another want to scream in terror? Yikes, it's a giant octopus! LOL.
Annie M

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2000 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I have bought the book, and will be reading it before the movie is out. Big Surprise--they all perish! Duh!
Seriously though,I have heard that it would be best to take some Dramamene before watching this picture. I get seasick so I plan to, just to be safe.
I saw a great segment about this on CBS Sunday Morning a couple months back. There was a good interview with Kate (?) Greenlaw, who wrote "The Hungry Ocean". She knew those men and I think they used her boat to simulate the Andrea Gail for the movie. Also, she is mentioned in "The Perfect Storm".
A pal of mine from Dorchester sent me a great article from the week that they were filing up there in Glouster. There were 2 severely CUTE pix of Mark, too!! !
If "Metal God" does come out in the fall, this will be Mark's year, with 3 films out!!
Can't wait!!

------------------
Annie M
Maggie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2000 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you wanna stay awake throughout the whole movie I wouldn't suggest taking Dramamene. It keeps me from getting sick but it sure makes me sleepy. (yawn)
Tigger00Mark

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2000 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished reading the book and loved it. You guys need to read it before this movie comes out. Some parts of it were a little dry but overall it was a really interesting story and kept me reading on! I totally recommend it!!
sunshine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2000 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the book was really good, but it was hard to get into it at first. I think reading the book helped me have more of an appreciation for the movie and I just can not wait to see it. I am sure it will be just as good as the book. I would suggest reading the perfect storm before the movie comes out!
MJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2000 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the updates on the book. I'll definately have to buy it.

Thanks-
MJ
Annie M

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2000 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting it this weekend. I'll let y'all know what I think, after.
So they moved the release date to the 4th?
OH NOOOOOOOOOO! I may be in CANADA then!!
(family reunion). Oh man, it WOULD have to be then!! What was wrong with June 30th?!!
*heavy sigh*...

------------------
Annie M
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Perfect Storm All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: