Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
BOOGIE NIGHTS!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Boogie Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy Florida

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 5:10 pm    Post subject: BOOGIE NIGHTS! Reply with quote

All I can say about this movie is this is not to be watched with family! There are just too many naughty scenes and nasty sex talk! But it is for sure one of the coolest movies I have ever seen!

Boogie Nights really did a great job of reproducing the 1970's. I mean I really felt like I was in the 70's watching this movie. This movie is loaded with cool music, great actors, awesome cars and plenty of hot chicks. If you haven't seen this movie yet YOU ARE TOTALLY MISSING OUT!

I think this could possibly be my favorite Marky movie. But it's just really tough to say.

One thing that seems to be a trademark of Markies movies is the fact that even though he is in mostly serious movies. There always seems to be plenty of comedy.

Boogie Nights has alot of scenes that are plain FUNNY. Like the scene where Dirk and his friend are recording their music in the studio. It sounds TERRIBLE, but that is what makes it soo funny. But even more funny is the scene where Marky and his friend are fighting with the studio owner to get his music tapes. Marky says "We are guaranteed a record deal. Our stuff is that good!" LOL, that just made me laugh soo much. Then his friend drags Dirk away doing his karate kicks. That was just too funny too.

But the movie has alot of intense scenes too. Like the scene where Dirk, His friend and Todd goto that rich guys house with plans to sell him fake cocaine and also rob his house safe. That scene was just, like, intense nail biting. You just have this terrible sinking feeling that someone is going to get shot, or something really bad is going to happen. And that scene is long, it just drags you on for several minutes in that tense worried feeling before things go really bad. But even that scene is kind of funny too because of how Todd says he wants whats in the F--king bedroom, in the f--king closet in the god **** f--king floor safe. That was really funny. And Marky saying TODD, what did you go crazy for? Was pretty funny too.

But it's just sad to see Dirk take a big fall in this movie. Because he's young, getting rich, likes Corvettes, has a nice hosue and the girls love him. Yet drugs just keep sending him downhill.

bev76

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know do you think his is really that big love bev
Tommy Florida

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. I'm sure Marky is well hung. But yeah, I don't really care about that. That is for THE GIRLS TO THINK ABOUT, hehe.

I think the "thing" they showed at the end of the movie was fake though, yep.
Elisa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock on Tommy, this movie has my big thumbs up!! and Welcome

------------------
elisabet

Elisa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am watching this tonight (for the umpteenth time) I treated myself to the DVD, I did a good job at work today! Big tub of Haagen Daz, Boogie nights, Bed lol

------------------
elisabet

MarkFrak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, Hagen Daz, Bed~~~

oh my

------------------
***DROOL*** He is such a little hottie
MARKISMYMAN

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Tommy about funny parts..The whole movie is so funny to me..I love when they're at Jacks party by the pool.First the bar scene..where they are talking about working out and Marks like you tell yours first.Scotty...need I say more..it's so funny when he's checking Mark out from across the pool.Even the nasty chick
overdosing is funny.I also love how Dirk is always saying..Do I look cool? Do you think its cool?Did it look sexy?...trips me out!
I love this movie,I never get tired of watching it.
Elisa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you mean The Cali dudes' reaction to her overdosing? That was a scream! I forgot how Mark and John C's characters hit it off. The pool diving scene where John C says, 'that was great but let me show you what you did wrong', and he does a back flop into the pool!! I just watched this! you know the movie..

------------------
elisabet

[This message has been edited by Elisa (edited September 06, 2002).]
MARKISMYMAN

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea,that's what I was talking about.And the diving stuff is funny too.What about the part when Dirk and Amber are "together" for the first time and Dirk drops his pants and everybodys eyes get real big and they all look like WOW...And Scotty swallows hard and wipes his eyes....its a hoot.
City Gal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I think my jaw would have hit the floor!!
MarkFrak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My eyes would have popped out like a cartoon **AAAAAAWWWOOOOOOOOOOOGAAAAAAAA**

------------------
***DROOL*** He is such a little hottie
City Gal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put it this way,I got such a shock when I saw the end of the movie even though I heard what was going to happen, if I saw it in real life I would probably scream and run away there is no way that thing is coming near me.lol
Elisa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole thing looks prosthetically false, I know because I looked a few times! Hairy parts look like something the apes in POTA would have, fake fake fake.... Anyway, d*** talk, not allowed!...The E.L.O track at the end, I love it, I love this movie, YEAH!! ~

------------------
elisabet

EndlessSleeper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: BOOGIE NIGHTS! Reply with quote

Tommy Florida wrote:
All I can say about this movie is this is not to be watched with family! There are just too many naughty scenes and nasty sex talk! But it is for sure one of the coolest movies I have ever seen!

Boogie Nights really did a great job of reproducing the 1970's. I mean I really felt like I was in the 70's watching this movie. This movie is loaded with cool music, great actors, awesome cars and plenty of hot chicks. If you haven't seen this movie yet YOU ARE TOTALLY MISSING OUT!

I think this could possibly be my favorite Marky movie. But it's just really tough to say.

One thing that seems to be a trademark of Markies movies is the fact that even though he is in mostly serious movies. There always seems to be plenty of comedy.

Boogie Nights has alot of scenes that are plain FUNNY. Like the scene where Dirk and his friend are recording their music in the studio. It sounds TERRIBLE, but that is what makes it soo funny. But even more funny is the scene where Marky and his friend are fighting with the studio owner to get his music tapes. Marky says "We are guaranteed a record deal. Our stuff is that good!" LOL, that just made me laugh soo much. Then his friend drags Dirk away doing his karate kicks. That was just too funny too.

But the movie has alot of intense scenes too. Like the scene where Dirk, His friend and Todd goto that rich guys house with plans to sell him fake cocaine and also rob his house safe. That scene was just, like, intense nail biting. You just have this terrible sinking feeling that someone is going to get shot, or something really bad is going to happen. And that scene is long, it just drags you on for several minutes in that tense worried feeling before things go really bad. But even that scene is kind of funny too because of how Todd says he wants whats in the F--king bedroom, in the f--king closet in the god **** f--king floor safe. That was really funny. And Marky saying TODD, what did you go crazy for? Was pretty funny too.

But it's just sad to see Dirk take a big fall in this movie. Because he's young, getting rich, likes Corvettes, has a nice hosue and the girls love him. Yet drugs just keep sending him downhill.

This movie has everything a movie needs. Sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll. You are right, the comedy in this film is hilarious, the part I found funniest: The first scene you see of Mark playing Brock Landers. The blonde girl is about to go down on him, she stops and says "Oh, it's true... You are Brock Landers".

The fake drug deal scene was intense, you are right there too, probably the most intense scene in the film. The music going on constantly in the background, the fire crackers. The close up shot of Marks face watching him go through a range of emotions is incredible, it takes my breath away.

Another really important scene was the 1979/80 new years party where on the stroke of midnight Little Bill kills his wife + whoever she was cheating with and then suicides, very obviously the turning point of the film.

Mark pulls off the role of the lovable idiot really brilliantly, and I love Burt Reynolds in this. I love this film in general... could you tell?
Deanne123

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i seen that movie for the first time last night and i must say! it was a pretty good movie! it was on tv so im not sure if they do show more of him but if they did then i wouldn't mind renting it! lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Boogie Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: