Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
SHOULD DONNIE WAHLBERG HAVE BEEN CASTED?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Markysgurl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2000 10:22 pm    Post subject: SHOULD DONNIE WAHLBERG HAVE BEEN CASTED? Reply with quote

I really don't think that people should say that Marks brother Donnie should have been casted as "David". I have read messages where it said that Donnie will always have a career and Mark will make it no where. Well where is Donnie now? If you don't know who Donnie is, he was once a New Kids On The Block member. And I think that Mark did good because he has had a lot of experience with this type of character, seeing that he dropped out of school at 14 to do drugs and commit crimes.

------------------
Mark is shagadelic
GoT ThE GiGgLeS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2000 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Donnie is at home being a loving father and husband if that answers one of your questions, and i'm sure if he didn't have those responsibilitys (sp?) he would be just as involved in the movies as Mark. And yes I agree with you that Mark played the character better than anyone could, but don't start cutting up on Donnie. Where did you hear that Mark was going to make it anywhere?

Nicole
GoT ThE GiGgLeS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2000 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops sorry typo i mean't to say "Where did you hear that Mark wasn't going to make it anywhere?"
Ellie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2000 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think they're both very talented. Mark just has more experience in the movies, but I think Donnie is an excellent actor and if/when he lands the right role he could really be big if the public just let him shake off his former teen idol image... although NKOTB are one of my few guilty pleasures, I admit that in general they hardly made classic Pop masterpieces, and IMO Marky Mark wasn't that good either (sorry). Acting is their forte!

Donnie has only had one proper starring role, which was in the independent film 'Southie'. Believe me, he carried the whole film. It's not the best film ever made. It was OK, but Donnie made it so much more watchable (and I'm not just saying that because I think he's gorgeous). Then again, he could probably relate to the character just like you said Mark might have been able to with 'Fear' (a film which I didn't rate too highly). But I think Donnie did an amazing job in a mere 5 minute role in 'The Sixth Sense'. A key role might I add, that demaded him to play someone a good 10 years younger with a completely different personality (not that yo u could give him much of a deep personality with such a small part). I wouldn't judge Donnie too quickly if I were you. I happen to think he's tremendously talented. It's just a shame that he spent his "younger years" doing music, which is obviously not where his talent lies (although I'm pleased he did it).
Annie M

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2000 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOT THE GIGGLES: You can correct mistakes by clicking on the pencil button just above your post text. You don't have to repost.

As for Donnie, even tho his parts are not huge, he has made almost twice as many films as Mark has, and he started a little sooner.
He also still has Donnie D Productions which backs several hip hop artists. He has at least one restaurant in MA, too. Plus his marriage. So he isn't exactly hurting. He is a friggin' genius when it comes to producing music anyway. I expect to see him and Mark in a film together someday.
And I had never read where anyone said he should have played David. i'M JUST SAYIN'.

------------------
Annie M
~StephMW~

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2000 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One word: NO

Steph
PrEtTyInYeLo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2000 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THERE BOTH BANGIN' LOL!!! AND THEY CAN BOTH ACT! I WOULD WANT TO SEE THEM BOTH IN A MOVIE TOGETHER!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Fear All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: