Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
What Book Are U Reading?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic Messages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ButtercuplovesMark

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: What Book Are U Reading? Reply with quote

I jst started reading Prey by Michael Crichton.......its going good.....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOOOOOOOVE reading novels... but I am not reading any at the moment. I hope to buy a NEW book soon though Wink Very Happy

What styles do you read Butter?

(OH MY GOD. I changed my avatar!)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Raee"]I LOOOOOOOVE reading novels... but I am not reading any at the moment. I hope to buy a NEW book soon though Wink Very Happy

(OH MY GOD. I changed my avatar!)[/quote]

I love reading novels as well. And guess what? I'm in the publishing business. Actually I'm a part-time literary agent and I'm also the foreign rights consultant for a US company. So I get to read manuscripts quite a bit. But when I was recently in New York I picked up a paperback of Jackie Collins that I'm reading now. It's titled DROP DEAD BEAUTIFUL and I'm loving it. All about Hollywood...

Happy Reading Very Happy
Raee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gloria,
That's really cool Wink. Some writers have a great imagination and really good descriptive words to make those lines you're reading form your own little movie inside your head Smile. I like to write stories myself (never got to finish a story yet Sad) but they will never match up to those paperback writers Smile. I try Very Happy

Thinking about novels.. is making me want to read a damn book! hehe. And I'm the type of person who reads a regular size paperback in three days because I never put it down. I try to.. but end up staying up until the early hours of the morning with my head stuck in the book. Yeah. It's bad Razz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raee wrote:
I LOOOOOOOVE reading novels... but I am not reading any at the moment. I hope to buy a NEW book soon though Wink Very Happy

(OH MY GOD. I changed my avatar!)

I see, u change ur default pic......Wht kind of books, i lke 2 read.....I luv reading, antiques books, star wars, lord of the rings, any movie books, crime books, America Girls, anythng abt the war..thts is fiction, & sex book....JK!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like it? (avatar)

I like to read romance novels. I really want to find a good horror/thriller book that I can get into, since I don't get into that many books only my romance novels I've read. The romance novels usually have old war style, western styles, modern and sometimes alittle thriller like the last one I read about two agents on a mission. I really liked this Navy one I read too.

I usually only like the story if it has some sort of romance in it (for some reason). I guess I can not really ENJOY the characters unless they are emotionally connected? Seems better for some reason. I have never read any books that are from movies.

You know Mark's upcoming film 'The Lovely Bones' - I'd probably read that one, and I'd like to but I have no idea where to get it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, i lke ur avatar......im nt sure, were u get The Lovely Bones....u can tried amazon or tried the nearest book stre in ur neighborhood.......im so bored....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You changed your avatar! I've seen that picture. Why was he doing that? Just random? hehe. It's ..cute and fun. Wink

I don't shop online at all. So I wouldn't be able to do Ebay or Amazon, and such.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raee wrote:
You changed your avatar! I've seen that picture. Why was he doing that? Just random? hehe. It's ..cute and fun. Wink

I don't shop online at all. So I wouldn't be able to do Ebay or Amazon, and such.

yes, i did.......ive no idea........

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: What Book Are U Reading? Reply with quote

MarkMyBro wrote:
I jst started reading Prey by Michael Crichton.......its going good.....

Im reading tht 2. Its a very book, indeed.

ButtercuplovesMark

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, Im reading Water World.....great book.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not reading at all.... I want to buy a book though...soon.

You know what I love doing? Writting my own novels Very Happy!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raee wrote:
I'm not reading at all.... I want to buy a book though...soon.

You know what I love doing? Writting my own novels Very Happy!

Well, thts good......Whts it abt?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've written a few but never finished them. Some of them have really good plots, just I get to a point where I don't want to sound like I'm repeating myself or try and add a exciting twist.. you know?.

Currently.. I'm writing two stories.

One,
Is a thriller based one which revolves around a married couple who have one child and expecting another. They live in a small town and something catastrohpic happens to the town. I'm not going to explain everything right now but... yeah.. It's suppose to be scary. Razz Also the couple are having slight arguments which by the end of the story is worked out because you begin to realise "this is the only person in the world who cares". Always look after your loved ones you know?. Family first as they say! Very Happy

Two,
Is a drama kind of story about a very young couple like late teens early twenty. They live in a bad 'hood where drugs, hookers, smokes, crime and all that goes with it thrives. Anyhow my main female character is actually one of the hookers (.... .Be calm) but she doesn't exactly like it or anything it's just for the money. One of the nights she's doing her thing, she meets this young man who treats her a lot more respectively than some of the other people. They spend an intimant night as I'd like to say..and then after she never saw him again...
Until atleast afew months later when she has something to tell him. Ooo 'Pregnancy'. Further down the track they decide to try and work 'together' as a couple but Mickey [male lead] is mixed up in some bad stuff with his brother [crime and stuff like that] but he's trying to do the best for Sylvie and the baby [female lead].

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, bth of thm.sound lke good novels 2 read....tel me, when ur done, I want 2 read it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: