Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Elizabeth Banks: Boston Common Magazine

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vevie
The RobertWahlberg.com Webmastah!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:16 am    Post subject: Elizabeth Banks: Boston Common Magazine Reply with quote

Source: Boston Common MagazineBoston Common Magazine
Spring 2006 Issue

he’s made her mark in big-studio productions like Spider Man 2, Seabiscuit, and Catch Me if You Can, and in indie films like The Baxter and The Sisters. (And who could forget her, um, orgasmic and seriously funny performance as a sexual adventuress opposite Steve Carell in The 40-Year-Old Virgin?) Now, fresh-faced Pittsfield native Elizabeth Banks is set to break out on her own in this summer’s Invincible, as the love interest of Vince Papale (played by Mark Wahlberg), a Philadelphia Eagles fan who answered an open tryout and made the team. And equally high-profile projects are sure to follow. We caught up with the actress in California as she was celebrating her 32nd birthday.

Boston Common: With five movies out last year, you seem to be one of the busiest actresses in Hollywood. What are you working on currently?
Elizabeth Banks: I was supposed to start work on a movie February 15, but it just got pushed, so I don’t know what’s happening with it. It’s David O. Russell’s new movie [The H-Man Cometh] starring Vince Vaughn and myself. So we’ll see. In the fall I finished Invincible with Mark Wahlberg, my fellow Massachusetts actor.

BC: Did you know Mark Wahlberg before shooting Invincible?
EB: No, I’d never met him. I met him in New York City maybe a month and a half before we started filming, and he was very funny. I said, “Oh, where are you from in Boston? My mom’s from Winthrop.” And he said, “I went to jail in Winthrop.” That was the first thing out of his mouth. I thought it was very funny.

BC: Was he great to work with?
EB: He was. He is a doll. He has a great reputation and he totally lives up to it. He was a total sweetheart. And he was really good in the movie. I was so proud of him, and I was excited to work with him.

BC: Invincible is based on a true story, right?
EB: Yeah. I always find it really interesting to play real people. Vince Papale, who Mark plays, and his wife Janet, who I play, were there every day on the set and bringing their kids by and visiting us all the time. It was a really cool experience to be telling this family’s story and they’re right there. It was the same with Seabiscuit—you feel this real obligation to make a great movie because it’s about someone’s life, and you know all their friends and family are going to go see it.

BC: Invincible was shot in Philadelphia, and you went to the University of Pennsylvania.
EB: We filmed almost the whole thing in Philly. I love Philly. I spent my summer at the Williamstown Theatre Festival in western Massachusetts, which is where I grew up, and then I spent my fall in Philadelphia, which is where I went to college, so I considered 2005 [when Invincible was shot] my homecoming year. It was neat.
kirsty luvin mark

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awww that waz cool 2 read!!! thanks vevie!! xox Exclamation Exclamation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Invincible All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: