Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Mark Wahlberg discusses his determination to learn golf

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Mark Wahlberg discusses his determination to learn golf Reply with quote

Forgot to post it here, just in case you didnt see it on my site

Source: PGATour.com
Editorís note: Mark Wahlberg currently has four movies in production, but he still finds time to play golf. The actor played in the Bob Hope Chrysler Classic and AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am , and this week heís in Tampa for the Outback Steakhouse Pro-Am . Wahlberg sat down recently with a PGA TOUR media official for this Q&A.

PGATOUR.com: How did you get started in golf and what's your handicap?

WAHLBERG: I'm a 5. I got started playing with my cousin. The first golf course I ever played was Riviera, and unfortunately I didn't know the rules, so I was driving the cart everywhere. But it wasn't a game that I was really interested in. I grew up playing baseball, football, hockey, contact sports and didn't think it was much of a challenge until I actually tried it and I said, okay, I'm going to focus all of my attention on this game and be determined to figure it out. Obviously, I still haven't yet, but you know, some days it just all works for me. Some days, you can't get it going. No, itís the best thing that's ever happened to me, aside from God and my family.

PGATOUR.com: What's your best golfing moment?

WAHLBERG: Maybe playing with Ernie (Els) in Hawaii. I shot even a couple of times ==that was pretty big. I have one hole in one == that was pretty big. I would have to say playing here. I love playing this event.

PGATOUR.com: How often do you play?

WAHLBERG: Every chance I get. Even with my baby and stuff -- my daughter and her mom usually sleep until like nine. So I'm at the golf course at six o'clock in the morning, first one out, buzz around for an hour and a half, then I'm home to wake them up.

PGATOUR.com: What's your best score and where did you shoot it?

WAHLBERG: Best score? I shot even a couple of times. My home club Wilshire (Country Club), I shot 73. Wilshire is tough. The handicap never seems to go up, though, it only goes down, which is tough. I'm consistently in the 70s now, which is good.

PGATOUR.com: What course haven't you played yet that you would really like to?

WAHLBERG: Augusta. And Pebble, I am going up to Pebble for the AT&T (Pebble Beach National Pro-Am) this year. Although, after walking four days, yesterday, I was like, I donít know if I can do this again. This morning I took a couple Advil and actually, you know, towards the back stretch and the back nine, I had a little hop in my step.

PGATOUR.com: What part of your game is easiest and what part is most difficult?

WAHLBERG: Whatever was the most difficult the day before is the easiest the next day. I've had two of the elements working at once, maybe three at the most. I hit the ball a long way. If I'm hitting it good off the tee, I'm hitting greens, I'm not really making too many one putts. But I scramble. I can get it all going, just not at the same time yet.

PGATOUR.com: Who would be in your dream foursome?

WAHLBERG: Yeah, Phil (Mickelson), Mike Weir and Bubba Watson, all the lefties. [/i]
virginia_lp

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lianne Wink !

http://virgi-fromthe-sky.spaces.live.com
http://www.myspace.com/virginia_lp
http://www.twitter.com/virginia_lp
virgi1525_91@hotmail.com

Virginia ~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lwmark

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes thanks Lianne i read it in your site! Very Happy
vevie
The RobertWahlberg.com Webmastah!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank Lianne
ashley4804

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all the updates, i would love to go watch him play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> In The News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: